"Living in a city of sleepless people, who all know the limits and won’t go too far outside the lines… ‘cause they’re out of their minds. I wanna get out and build my own home on a street where reality is not much different from dreams I’ve had. A dream is all I have. Daydreaming, daydreaming all the time, daydreaming, daydreaming in to the night and I’m alright." - Paramore - Daydreaming
Jeezo, these weeks and months are just flying by, I knew this would happen! Today as I’m writing this the weather has decided to take a wee break… since the weekend the weather has been stunning, clear skies and temperatures over 20 degrees… I reckon that back home it’ll be struggling to hit double figures. I have been very careful about the amount of sun I expose myself to but I have an overwhelming wave of guilt wash over me if I don’t take full advantage of a sunny day. I blame Scotland for that, sunny days being such a rare thing and all. Still a porcelain princess though…
I’m not really that great at keeping track of all the stuff I’ve been up to over here, so this update is going to be really scrambled…
Since my last update I have…
- been on a superyacht
- been to a dress up party (Halloween)
- make that two dress up parties and you’re bound to get lei’d at a Hawaiian themed party…
- been awesome at soul calibur on the xbox
- finished breaking bad (crazy ending huh?)
- chilled out in Albert park (chilled out… more like freaking cooked!)
- started watching Workaholics
- met new people and had instant connections (being in a country where I hardly know a lot of people has really helped me to be more open, the people over here are so welcoming and open too)
- been to Craig’s surprise 30th
- enjoyed being blonde.
- been to a fashion show
- been told that the Scottish accent is sexy but I am finding myself trying to tone down the thickness of mine because I’m getting fed up of repeating myself
- been told that the Scottish accent is sexy but I am finding myself trying to tone down the thickness of mine because I’m getting fed up of repeat… (I see what you did there ;) )
- developed a counterfeit kiwi accent when I’m drunk in order for people to understand me more…
- seen little lizards that haven’t been mauled by the monster that is Ziggy da cat
- witnessed the randiest rabbit trying to get off with everything that moves, it is a psychopath and ya’ll should hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife ‘cause it’s raping errybody out there
- been mistaken for being french and Canadian…
- been to an engagement do
R and B have a new place in Muriwai Beach and it’s just stunning, I adore it. Craig, Hailey and I went for dinner there earlier this month or late last month… I’m not sure… anyhoo it was amazing, we sat outside on the deck and to my left was a tidy wee snow moth, it was just chilling, enjoying the deck too. moths are just gothic butterflies…
First time I laid my eyes on a pavlova was back in 4th year Hospitality class, thought I was the shiznizz at that dessert but let me tell you something, the kiwi’s know a thing or two about pavlovas, had a yummy one at B and R’s place!
So the violent cat that goes by the name Felix has calmed down a lot more and he’s just playful, he likes roaches and crisp packets! Jazz, the dog gets a wee bit overly friendly when I’m around but I ain’t no bitch! (some may disagree!)
Hailey’s bro invited me along to a wee dress up party earlier this month and in an hour I came up with a creepy dolly costume, taking full advantage of my pale complexion and my natural ability of being a total creep. That night is such a haze to me but I was a sociable wee dolly and made numerous friends who’s faces and names escaped my mind the next morning and it’s not everyday you get to hang out with jack and sally, a gnome, spider-man, indian chief and so on… life is but a dream.
Cosmo is up to her old tricks again but this time with a twist, she loves us so much she brought a bread roll in for us as a prezzie (she knew there was some special birthdays coming up)… the bread roll was infested with tiny freaking ants… it makes me think (dangerous for the likes of me) about the wee ants living on that bread roll, eventful night all round.
went to my first BBQ over here at Hailey’s friend’s house, it was a chilly night but still such fun and my love for pork just keeps growing…
This November has been unlike any other Novembers for numerous reasons and the main reason is that November is the birthday month for my family back home, all a couple of days apart… Craig turned 30 this year and he’s just shown me (not being cheeky) that 30 isn’t old. When I was 10 I saw 20 as being a grown up… I’m now 20 and I’m not that much of a grown up and it’s crazy, this illusion of age and maturity. I hope to always feel this way…
Hailey set up an awesome surprise party for Craig and I’m chuffed to have been with him on this side of the planet to witness it. There is a decade between us and as we both get older that gap closes and it’ll not seem like that much of a gap before we know it!
I had a lovely birthday, spent the morning chatting to friends and family from back home in Scotland and at night went to Orbit restaurant in Sky tower and got to see all of auckland while Craig, Hailey, B + R, and mee all ate! My first birthday in the Southern Hemisphere.
Anyways, that’s all for me on this update and I’ll write a much more organised one next time.
I miss you all, PEACE!